Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Goal Setting for the New School Year

The new school year is not so new anymore. The first month has slipped away in a blur of establishing routines and getting to know a new class.

I am back in a traditional classroom this year, the online teaching being too all consuming to be compatible with family life. Starting over in a new school has been hectic. I especially feel the pressure as part of my role is to provide some leadership in technology integration. I will be supporting my colleagues in their tech projects as doing projects with my own class. I think that this is just the right kind of challenge - attainable, but enough to push me a little throughout the year.

So, some goals for the year:

1 - I want to post at least two blog entries each month. Hopefully by the end of the year I will be able to work this up to once a week.

2 - I want to keep up with my feed reader. I want to read at least my must-read blogs at least once each week. This should include leaving at least 2 comments each week.

3 - I want to get a ning up and running for my school staff.

4 - I want to organize 2 telecollaborative projects this year and participate in 2 more. These projects should seamlessly integrate technology into my existing teaching.

5 - I want to further develop my PLN.

Well, in theory at least, these are all attainable. It is good to have something to shoot for, and now it's in print. Let's see how I do!

No comments: